Thursday, August 16, 2012

Inspired By #37

Although there has been a lot of Back to School type of projects out in blogland, I am not quite ready for that yet ;)  We don't go back until the first week of September, although I am trying to get into the classroom to start prepping for the year, so I am trying to savor every last minute of summer.

I love the bright happy colors in this photo and it has such a summery feel to it.

 So I am wondering how this will inspire you this week?  woodgrain, yellow, lemons, summer drink, colors... can't wait to find out.

I pulled a lot of elements from the photo - embossed woodgrain background, the yellow and blue and some of the gray/brown in the text paper.  I have had this Antique Store pattern paper from Pretty Little Studio for awhile now and decided it was time to dehoard.  The rooster die is from Papertrey Ink and the twine is May Arts.


I can't wait to see what you do this week.

Rules for Playing:

Create a NEW project for this challenge.
Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like me to visit.
Please put a link on your post to this challenge.
Create a project with no more than 5 challenges including this challenge.
Feel free to use any crafting products you have!


11 comments:

~amy~ said...

soo pretty!

Casandra Bennett said...

I adore what you came up with from the inspiration piece. Very pretty, bright and fun, just like August should be!

Angi Barrs said...

I may have to play along. I spy some happy yellow! :)

Love your adorable card too!

Rose said...

love your bright yellow sun!!! fab card girl :)

Kathy Martin said...

Fantastic challenge pick and a very pretty card! Love the colors!

Marlena M. said...

I love the blues and yellow. Terrific sun!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this!! LOVING the sun and the rooster!!!

lauren bergold said...

ok, i didn't think anything could beat the inspo photo for sheer summery HAPPINESS... until... i saw your ♥AMAZING♥ card! (again, i kinda just want this to be a "make & take" every week... miss laurel shows us what to do, and i will HAPPILY do it!!!) :) :) :)

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness! This is awesome, Laurel! Totally one of my all-time top faves of yours!

Unknown said...

beautiful inspiration photo and gorgeous card! I love the penants. Those patterns are perfect!

Ina said...

Wonderfully inspiration photo!!!